Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Exxon Mobil moving Fairfax operations to Houston

 http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/exxon-moving-fairfax-operations-to-houston-in-2014/2012/06/06/gJQA7o00IV_story.html?hpid=z5

     This article was written by Abha Bhattarai and Thomas Heath on June 6, 2012. Beginning as early as 2014, Exxon Mobil will be relocating its Fairfax County operations to Houston. It will be taking 2,100 jobs out of an area that is already experiencing a decline in employment rate. Federal deficits are growing larger so our area's good fortune may becoming to an end.

     I chose this article because I noticed that it was about Exxon gas and I am a frequent user of Exon gas. When I first stumbled upon the article, I thought that it was saying the actual gas stations were moving to Houston and I was both shocked and confused because there are so many Exxon's around this area. I was confused as to how they were going to take them all away when people use them so much. There seemed like there would be many complaints. I read the complete article to gain further information. The article was well written and informative. And I didn't necessarily enjoy the article but it was interesting to read. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment